Innovation Managing is process which relies on a broad understanding of market, legal and policy issues, taking care of a wide range of activities inside both companies and individual projects:
- It facilitates the knowledge exchange among partners by performing knowledge brokering and thus ensuring appropriate levels of trust within business departments or a consortium;
- It helps in the definition of Intellectual Property Rights’ management policies;
- It manages innovative outcomes of a company/project, preparing the ground for subsequent exploitation initiatives;
- Pre-empts any risks (scientific, technical, legal or market-related) which could be threatening the successful exploitation of the outcomes, thus activating a focused interaction to identify appropriate mitigation plans;
- It allows conducting preliminary market analysis, also exploring the possible business model for the implementation of innovative solutions. These preliminary activities will then feed into officially planned exploitation initiatives.